Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Cakes and Cats

I started a "tradition" last year that allows Thatcher to go and pick out whatever he wants for Mike's birthday.  The only catch is we have to go to the Dollar store to get his present.  We go to Dollar General because he can pick whatever he wants to get his daddy for his birthday and I will not tell him no- because it is only a dollar.  This year the theme seemed to be cat's and cake.  Thatcher picked up about 10 cats and 1 rat and threw them into the cart.  He picked out a cake bag and when it came time to pick out a card he wanted the card that had cats and cake on the front. 
I find it hilarious to see where his mind goes and he is so proud that he picked it out all by himself.  I am not sure Mike finds as much joy in the activity that I do :)  The clerk did give us a very funny look after spending $13 on a bunch of cats and one really ugly rat. .

No comments:

Post a Comment