Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Firefighter's Museum

I have recently decided that we need to take advantage of all the cool little "visitor" attractions that Kearney has to offer.  I tend to shy away from them because I generally don't like a million kids running around unattended- it ruins the enjoyment that I should be having.  We still have yet to go to a lot of the fun things that Kearney has because we forget about them or I don't want to deal with it.  We let Thatcher chose on Sunday we could go look at "cool" cars at the Classic Car Exhibit or go look at fire trucks.  He chose the fire trucks. 
The Firefighter's Museum has been in Kearney for at least a year if not longer and we still had not stepped foot inside.  It was nice but not what I expected.  I thought it would be more kid friendly but like it's name it is a museum.  Meaning; there was a lot of really neat but don't touch things in there.  Thatcher really wanted to climb on the fire trucks but they were all roped off.  They did have a little wooden one in the corner he could play with - and he did for an hour.  The nice thing about it - we were the only one's there.  That is my kind of place! 



No comments:

Post a Comment