Friday, July 27, 2012

Firetrucks and Water

Is it hot enough for you?  The heat this summer has been awful!  I love to get up at 4:30 am to run to find out that it is almost 80 degrees out already and I feel like dying!  I am ready to head north and enjoy the much cooler temperatures.  Two weeks until vacation!
This past weekend was the big Kearney Cruise Night.  The town is just insane every year on this weekend.  Mostly in part due to the drinking that goes on - which I would love to partake in but I am a little past the "party hopping house to house" age.  We get a good look at a few of the party goers trucking across our sidewalks to their next destination- the next morning is even better for people watching!
We did go downtown to look at the cars because we knew that Thatcher would really enjoy it.  He saw a firetruck in the station before we even parked and that is all he asked about the entire time we were there.  The firetrucks are always down at one end so we had to endure about an hour of nonstop requests to see the firetrucks.  This kid is like the rain man he forgets nothing and repeats it over and over and over again.  This morning the fire station that we drive by every morning on the way to school had the trucks out and Thatcher told me he thought they were pretty.   So sweet!



Sunday I took Thatcher to the Splash Park.  It is really sad that we are now just going to the Splash Park for the first time.  I know I should take him more but there are so many kids there, most of them unattended that I just don't want to deal with it.  Thatcher had fun running around and playing in the water and on the playground equipment.





No comments:

Post a Comment