Thursday, November 29, 2012

All Aboard the Polar Express

I know I have been terrible this month about updating the blog.  I don't think my camera left my purse the entire month.  We have lots coming up so I should start posting more in the next couple weeks. 
Class Act here in Kearney puts on the Polar Express every year.  This was the first year we decided to check it out.  Thatcher was really too much to take out in confined spaces prior to this year!  Thatcher was super excited to go ride on a "bus" but it was hard to explain to him what we would be doing as we do not have the book Polar Express at home and have only seen the movie a couple of times. 
I thought the tickets were super cute and they encourage you to wear pajamas.


Thatcher had a great time.  You board the trolley downtown and they hand out cookies and hot chocolate and read the book on the way to the "North Pole" aka Yanney Park.  Once there Santa boards the trolley and hands out bells for all the kids.  Thatcher sat in wonderment the entire time. 


On the way back to Mona we sang Christmas carols and looked at lights.  Mike has been hounding me to put up more lights but I personally think it is a lot of work, a lot of money, and a lot more crap to store in the house so I have not been too keen on going Clark Griswald on our house.  However, the trolley apparently likes to frequent our neighborhood. I told Mike he can put up more lights next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment