Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Madness!

Another crazy weekend for our little Whiting family.  Mike and I both got off work early on Friday- which was a small Easter miracle.  We started working on the bathroom right away; painting the ceiling and doing drywall touch ups so we could paint and tile this weekend.  I ran around and bought some accessories for the bathroom and cleaned before heading to get T from school.
Saturday morning we were all up early.  While I was out running my 10 miles with a lovely strong north wind Mike started painting the bathroom.  After I got home Mike headed to the dump to unload his trailer full of bathroom tear down and crap I pulled from the basement.  If you are going to the dump I will get rid of crap that has been collecting for 7 years!  650 pounds later it was all gone.  He took Thatcher with him so I got a lot of cleaning and painting done while they were gone.  After lunch Mike started on tiling the bathroom...12 hours later he was done!- well done with putting it up, we still need to grout and clean it.  It looks AMAZING! 
I took Thatcher to an Easter egg hunt at a local church.  There was so many people there we had to park 4 blocks away.  I thought it was going to be a "hunt:" but really it was just eggs on the ground and you run and pick up as many as possible. I heard they had over 10,000 eggs this year.  Thatcher still enjoyed himself and afterwards we went and jumped in the inflatable houses and played some of the games.  Again that wind was so lovely that we left after an hour.










After supper we died some Easter eggs- I can not cook hard boiled eggs and only had about 7 good eggs to work with out of the 13 or 14 I attempted to boil  Next year I will be smarter- I hope.


 Thatcher and Mike working on the tile Saturday afternoon.


Sunday Thatcher was not that interested in the Easter bunny and did not think he brought him anything.  We have been so busy we haven't spent much time talking about Easter but I know they do at school and the Easter bunny came to see the kids on Wednesday- they talk about the meaning of Easter also as they are a religious based school.  It is a good thing we haven't been to an Easter egg "hunt" before because Thatcher is apparently blind.  He did not get what he was suppose to be doing or what he was looking for.  He walked past his basket a million times before finding it. 
See the egg on the stairs?  I bet he walked by that egg 3 times before we said something to him.  I think Frankie was like "hello- it is right there kid."  I purposely tried to make them easy to find. 


Thatcher got a kite in his basket so we took that out later that afternoon.  Thatcher was not into flying his kite and the wind was not really cooperating.   We headed out to Yanney and played at the park for a little bit before heading home.  Thatcher loves that park, I dont' really care for the 800 unattended kids.  I always think it is a good idea to go to the park until I get there and I have to constantly stop myself from yelling at other kids- it must be the lifeguard coming out in me.
Thatcher spent the rest of Sunday being in his daddy's way and trying to do everything that he was doing.  Through out this bathroom remodel we have gotten pretty good and using T to get the other one of us.  It took a while but if I can't understand what he wants or is saying I just go find Mike and usually it was Mike that needed me.  In the picture below T is  trying to put a pencil behind his ear like Mike, he even had to go get his Mater hat on so it would stay in place- just like Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment